At Plera Wellness Plus, Salt therapy sessions are provided in the salt cabin made of wood and salt bricks. Peaceful orange glow emissions from himalayan salt bricks create an atmosphere of a large unheated sauna made of salt.
Medical equipment called Halogenerator is installed to release salt particles in the room. The pharmaceutical salt, free from iodine and anti-caking agents is used to generate salt particles of the required size (less than 10 µm).
During the salt therapy session of 20 to 30 minutes, the patients are made to sit in comfortable reclining chairs and asked to breathe normally. The salt particles generated from the halogenerator, once inhaled, travels through the sinuses and respiratory tract and goes deep inside the lungs. It claims to absorb irritants, moisture, allergens & toxins from the respiratory system and lungs. The salt particles put similar effect on skin by absorbing bacteria and other impurities responsible for many skin conditions.
Patients are recommended to take number of sessions according to their health problems. Since it is with no side effects, it can be safely taken by kids as well as aging elders (we cater age group 1.5 years to 80+).
Salt therapy can be taken 2 to 3 times a week. Usually one starts seeing results in 4 to 7 sessions.
Recommended number of sessions:
• Improve lungs health for healthy person with no ailments: 4 sessions
• Frequent cold/cough: 4 to 7 sessions
• Detox for smokers: 7 sessions
• Respiratory ailments including Sinusitis, Asthma, Allergies: 10 sessions
• Chronic cough including Bronchities: 10 sessions
• Lungs ailment (ILD, Cystic fibrosis, Pulmonay fibrosis): Minimum 10 sessions to start with.
• Skin disorder (Eczema, Psorisis): 10 to 20 sessions
• People recovered from COVID-19: 4 to 10 session
Do you know?
Post COVID complications: Salt therapy is not a treatment for COVID 19 as it doesn’t claim recovery from it. However for a person recovered from COVID 19, it is useful to avoid post covid complications by increasing immunity and improving lungs health.